School Systems, Colleges, and Universities Service Programs
Central Exterminating Company recognizes that reducing pesticide exposure in sensitive settings involving children demonstrates a service philosophy that is proactive and ethically responsible.
Central Exterminating Company has been an industry leader in promoting a Modified Pesticide Option (MPO) in sensitive service situations. MPO reduces the need for traditional pesticide applications. Structures housing children and staff are serviced utilizing insect monitoring, trapping, insect baiting, as well as Insect Growth Regulators (IGR) where applicable. With these methods, the migration of insects and elimination of their occasional infestations are effectively controlled.
Central Exterminating Company technical staff will work closely with the facilities’ maintenance staff and food service personnel to identify any pest concerns. Your Central Exterminating Company technician will complete a service form that will document pests observed, sanitation issues needing to be addressed, and structural issues that may need repairs. Prohibiting pest re-entry is always a priority. MPO also means a cooperative effort between you and us.
Central Exterminating Company has been a pioneer of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as a service philosophy and practice for the sensitive settings of schools an universities for over 20 years. We recognized years ago that reducing the reliance on regular pesticide spraying within this environment was best for everyone involved. The foundation of IMP relies on controlling a pest’s ability to enter the structure initially.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA), developed an IPM Standard in September of 2009 to insure that this type of service program achieved satisfactory performance results by setting and reporting specific goals on the part of the customer and pest control provider.
The Central Exterminating Company IPM Service Program involves:
- The initial inspection process to identify:
- Pest trends in the structure.
- The pest threshold/tolerance level acceptable in the structure.
- Structural weaknesses in the facility allowing pest entry.
- The recommended corrective action is taken, which involves maintaining the structure to exclude pest entry through methods such as:
- Insect monitoring traps
- Insect control baits and growth regulators
- Dust formulations for void-type applications
- Providing limited traditional pesticide applications only as needed.
- Follow-up inspections to verify the success of structural modifications.
- Re-evaluate pest trends to determine that pest control results have been successfully achieved.
The interior spraying of a traditional insecticide is reserved for special situations that fail to respond, in any reasonable amount of time, to bait or dust applications, or fails to control an infestation quickly to prevent disruption of the facilities daily operations.
Contact us today for more information.
Bed Bug Heat Remediation Services
Bed bugs continue to be a major infestation issue in multi-housing environments, such as student housing and campus residence halls. Central Exterminating Company utilizes the TempAir Heat System in servicing infested units. Learn more about our bed bug services!
A Central Exterminating Company Service Log Book is also available that contains:
- Sanitation Report Form
- Pesticide Label and SDS Sheets
- General and Fleet Liability Insurance Certificate
- Technician and Manager Ohio
- Applicator Licenses
Contact us today so we can come up with a plan to fit your needs!